Wednesday 25 May 2011

'Waiting on' Wednesday for the first time





'Waiting on' Wednesday is a weekly meme at breakingthespine that looks at anxiously awaited books. 



Today I am anxiously awaiting Wolfsbane the sequel to Nightshade

Wolfsbane - Andrea Cremer
July 26th 2011
Published by Atom 

Synopsis

"You're an alpha, a leader. That's what we need. It's what we've always needed. When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. Then the Searchers make her an offer, one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save her pack - and the boy - she left behind.

Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? 

Will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials love can endure." 


My adumbrations:

I read Nightshade last year after finding it on offer in WHSmith (how could i resist) and it instantly became a favourite. One of the major selling points for me was Cremer's spin on the Wolf. I am also a fan of Shiver/Linger, as I do enjoy a good strong female lead which I find more apparent in both these series. Although many deem Calla as weak, I think her strength lies in her humanity. Therefore, I cannot wait to read Wolfsbane, and hope its as exciting and refreshing as Nightshade.

There have been several covers for Wolfsbane, but I am still hoping for this one because it would look better next to my copy of Nightshade. As simple as that. 

I am looking forward to seeing how the relationship between Calla and Ren pans out given Calla's need for Shay. Can she choose between nature and nurture. I guess we will find out in July.

Amy







14 comments:

  1. I still haven't read Nightshade you know =[ I've got it-it's waiting for me at home! Not a fan of the new covers though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read it. Or so shall yee see the wrath of me. It's really good. Think you'll like it anyway. And no, the new cover is a bit urgh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amy~!
    Thank you, first of all, for stopping by my blog and for following me =)
    Secondly, great pick this Wednesday. I agree with the Wolfsbane cover. I prefer the old green one...the new one blends into the background far too much.


    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, and yeah the new just doesn't appeal to me as much. They should reconsider the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the first book on my tbr pile for ages I'd better get reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so excited for this one, too! I need to read more about Ren. I loved his character! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read this series yet....both covers are eye-catching.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have Nightshade on my tbr pile. One day I will get to it hopefully before Wolfsbane comes out.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nightshade is really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great choice!

    I am a new follower :)

    My WoW pick, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is at the top of my waiting list!! LOVED Nightshade.

    MyWoW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...