Tuesday 7 June 2011

Die for Me Review

Die For Me
Amy Plum

Synopsis

"My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything. Suddenly, my sister, Georgia and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. 

Then I met Vincent. Mysterious, sexy and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. 

But I was ready to let it happen. Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies...immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind." Amazon


Amy's adumbrations

The cover is obviously one of the things that first attracted me. The story line is new and interesting, with twists and turns. The characters are charming, and after the inital thought of 'Kate is a little bit of a jealous psycho' I began to really like her. In addition I felt like I was reading a travel guide to Paris but after the umpteenth mention of some French hotspot or cafe I got used to it. The descriptions are good, and I now want to go to Paris so I suppose it would be good as a travel brochure.

Now on to Vincent...can I say swoon. He's everything you could ask for and more, I finished the book wishing that the world Plum has created was real so I could meet the characters, especially Vincent. There were times when I felt like i'd stepped into the Twilight books with the brother and sister relationship and Gespard. That can be forgiven though as the book more than makes up for it. 

I really enjoyed many aspects of this book, and I loved the fact that Kate wasn't some weakling who relied on other people. She was strong and went headfirst. The storyline was well thought, and I like the idea of revenants. It reminded me a little of a programme called Tru Calling which I watched when i was younger.

Again, the book left me wanting more and I can't wait for Plum's next installment. 

So I would recommend this to anybody really, and command that you should read it if you haven't yet. Definitely worth the money.

I would give Die for Me four Milky Way Magic Stars


17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved this book, I did too and I tell everyone I talk to to read it! seriously! :)
    Thanks for sharing your great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good, i am a definite fan :)

    And thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review! Glad you got over your initial views of Kate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks really good and I love the cover. I'll have to get it soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds amazing! I've heard so many good things, and I'm glad to hear that Kate can hold her own. I think I'd like her. : ) It's on my TBR list already, but I may have to skip to it sooner than I'd planned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should definitely skip to it, it's really good. Starts off a bit..iffy but picks up quick. One of the best books i've read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm mad at myself for not having read this yet, it sounds so good. Funny that it reads like a Paris brochure. I found that in Melissa De La Cruz's blue bloods series read like a what shot in New York. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! I really enjoyed this book as well. Vincent is totally swoon worthy, but I kind of have the hots for Jules :)

    New Follower :)

    Neri @In The Name Of Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you on the guide to Paris part. That was, in my opinion, the best part of the book. I also like your review system. Milky Way Magic Stars :D.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Milky Way Magic Stars, ROFL! XD
    Words can not describe how much I dislike this book...

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book has been on my TBR list for a while and I have read some excellent reviews about it. This is near the top of my summer reading list!
    Bonnie @ HandsAndHome

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL I love your rating system...Milky Way Magic stars! haha!
    Love the cover of this book...it sounds interesting! Nice review:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you and yeah heh, they are good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMigosh! I really want to read this book and your review makes me want this book even more. Paris? Love Vincent? Sounds like I will love. Awesome rating system btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Anaiz, i think you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved this book. It is very Twilightish, but that's what I loved about it. I loved the family relationship of the characters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I love reading them

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...